Spend time with your kids (age group 5-8 yrs) as they paint and colour the planets and give wing to their imagination! They learn and enjoy, with the story cards that teach them about 5 planets of the solar system! Their own masterpieces that they can sign and frame them in the elegant frame thats provided! Help them hang them in their rooms!
- KIT CONTENTS – 5 art paper canvas (5 planets), a set of crayons, 1 picture frame, story cards with colored planets template and fill in the blanks worksheet about the five planets are included.
- Material- Art paper, 250 gsm
- Size – A3
- PERFECT GIFT FOR KIDS – This DIY art and craft kit is a perfect gift for both boys and girls and brings out little science explorers within them. This is a perfect gift for kids to engage and stay productive and its also great for parents and kids to work on as a group activity.
- SUITABLE FOR 5 YEARS AND ABOVE – Kids aged 5 years and above can play with this DIY craft Kit. It contains parts that aren’t a health hazard to children and is one of the best educational toys for kids.
The Solar System is made up of the Sun and all of the smaller objects that move around it. Astronomers think that the Sun and the planets formed about 4.6 billion years ago! The Sun is the super-star of our solar system – all heat, light and energy comes from this star. The Earth, other planets, meteorites and comets all orbit (go round) the Sun. It’s huge and very, very hot, with a diameter of 1,392,000 km and a temperature of 15,000,000 degrees C. Scorching! Apart from the Sun, the largest members of the Solar System are the eight major planets. Nearest the Sun are four fairly small, rocky planets – Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars. A planet is a body that orbits around a star without being a star itself; is almost round in shape; and has enough gravity to ‘clear’ the area around its orbit of debris, like rocks. To the unaided eye, these planets appear star like. However, the planets moved relative to the stars. For this reason they were called wandering stars. Our word “planet” comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning “wanderer.” The five planets in the solar system are the following:
1. Jupiter- Jupiter is the fifth planet from the Sun and the largest planet of the Solar System. It is the oldest planet of the Solar System thus it was the first to take shape out of the remains of the solar nebula.
Cosmic fact of Jupiter – Jupiter is a massive planet, twice the size of all other planets combined and has a centuries-old storm that is bigger than Earth!
2. Venus -The brightest object in the sky apart from the Moon… it’s Venus. You see a thick layer of poisonous sulphuric acid clouds, which means there may be acid rain storms on the planet – uh-oh! But you’re amazed by the giant volcanoes and deep valleys covering its surface.
Cosmic fact of Venus – Venus spins in the opposite direction to the other planets, except Uranus. Its surface temperature is around 480oC and is hot enough to melt lead!
3. Uranus – Uranus has a very unique rotation–it spins on its side at an almost 90-degree angle, unlike other planets.
Cosmic fact of Uranus– Uranus has a very unique rotation–it spins on its side at an almost 90-degree angle, unlike other planets.
4. Mars– Here you are at the red planet. Looking at Mars you see blasting sandstorms and colossal craters. Mars has the largest volcano in our solar system, Olympus Mons, which is 27km high – three times the size of Mount Everest.
Cosmic fact of Mars – The surface of Mars is red because of the iron-oxide dust (like rust) that covers its surface.
5. Saturn– Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun, with the largest planetary rings in the Solar System. It is the second-largest planet after Jupiter.
Cosmic fact of Saturn – The most recognizable planet with a system of icy rings, Saturn is a very unique and interesting planet.